Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Makes An Age Of Difference

| Right | August 30, 2015

(I’m in my early twenties but I look younger than I am. Many people comment on it, asking if I’m old enough to be a cashier. This happens near the end of my shift one night, close to my twenty-second birthday.)

Me: “So, your total comes to [total].”

Customer: *as he’s paying with his card* “You look young, but you have the mannerisms and grace of someone in their twenties and sound older than you look.”

Me: “Thank you?”

Customer: “You look young, but you’re probably mid-twenties, maybe 24?”

(After two years of people saying I look like I’m 12, or that I look too young to work, this is the best thing to hear. I must be grinning like crazy at this.)

Customer: “Based on your expression, you don’t hear that too often.”

Me: “You have no idea. I’m close to 22, but your guess is the closest I’ve heard in the two years I’ve been working here.”

Customer: “Seriously? You have the manner and grace of someone in their early-to-mid twenties!”

Me: *handing him his receipt* “Thank you for that. Not many people are happy to be asked if they’re older than they are. Have a good night!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!