Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Make Your Face Go White

| Related | January 11, 2016

(I am talking to my dad and my future step-mom about a project that I have to do for class and I’ve decided to do a video project. I also need to enlist the help of a friend to be a second actress so they try to give suggestions. Friend #1 lives in my neighborhood and Friend #2 also lives in the neighborhood and is Caucasian. Her last name also happens to be White but my future step-mom is not aware of this fact.)

Future Step Mom: “You can ask [Friend #1] if she could help.”

Dad: “No, you should use the Whites. They like that kind of stuff.”

(I pause confused for a second before realizing that he is talking about my friend and my future step-mom looks at him like he grew another head.)

Future StepMom: “Excuse me?”

Me: *bursts out laughing* “[Friend #2]. That’s their last name.”

Future Step-Mom: *bursts out laughing*

(My dad is not a racist person at all so he is really confused as to why we are laughing and we have to explain to him the miscommunication. He still doesn’t find it as funny as we did but that won’t stop me from holding it over him.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!