Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Make Up For It On Black Pie-Day  

, , , , , , | Related | November 28, 2019

My grandparents have owned a shop in a small tourist town on the Texas coast for 28 years, two years longer than I’ve been alive.

While the shop has a gift shop portion, our main attraction is our homemade fudge, brittle, divinity, pralines, canned goods, and other sweets. We also offer cakes, pies, and breads by special order. My grandma makes all the candies, while my grandpa bakes all the cakes and things. 

As you can imagine, we’re slammed the week leading up to Thanksgiving. My grandparents spend days baking and making candy while my mom and I work at the shop to give them the time they need to make the special orders. 

Thanksgiving rolls around, and everyone shows up for Thanksgiving at my grandparents’ house. This year, it’s my grandparents, me, my daughter, my dad and stepmom, my mom, and one of my uncles. Everything is going great, and the food is as amazing as ever. But then we get to dessert… 

My grandparents were so busy baking and making candy for everyone else, they both thought the other had made pies. They had even asked each other what they had made, and both answered orders for someone else, not paying attention to what the other was saying.

At least the rest of dinner was amazing!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!