Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Magic And More Magic

| Learning | May 6, 2014

(I am a teacher, but also take care of the school computers as well. After school, I’m in the computer lab with a grade 10 student and another teacher. I’ve been trying for about 30 minutes to figure out what’s wrong with one of the computers.)

Me: “Don’t know what to say, Mr. [Teacher]. It just doesn’t want to boot.”

Teacher: “So, re-install Windows, I’m guessing?”

Me: “Yeah, I’ll start it tomorrow during my prep period. Need to finish marking those exams tonight. Actually, I’m going to try one more thing real quick before I go home.”

(I stand up, face the computer put both my arms straight out pointing all of my fingers towards the computer, wiggling them slightly.)

Me: “OOOGA BOOGA!! OOOGA BOOGA!”

(The computer boots into Windows, and is working perfectly.)

Student: “What the h*** was that?!”

Me: “Something I read on Google once….

(That computer never gave me anymore problems that year. Three years later, I changed professions and became a real IT Tech. Sometimes, when I’m in the back room, I will still try to use the OOOGA BOOGA technique when I’m frustrated with a system. Sometimes it actually works.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!