Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Made A Whoopie Whoopsie

| Working | March 23, 2017

(My dad and I are visiting family in Toronto. We are going to get food and drinks for everyone. We are the only customers there.)

Dad: “Hi, I want two small black coffees, a cream cheese bagel, and uh–” *looks at me* “What do you want?”

Me: “A chocolate whoopie pie doughnut, please.”

Dad: “…and a chocolate doughnut.”

Cashier: “Okay.”

(I’m watching the screen that shows the order and notice she typed the wrong doughnut.)

Me: “Um… did you tell her I wanted a chocolate whoopie pie doughnut?”

Cashier: *annoyed* “I know what you want. I just typed in the wrong thing.”

(My dad and I know how easy it is to make a mistake, so we don’t say anything. A few minutes later:)

Cashier: “Okay, here’s what you ordered…” *puts everything but the doughnut and a coffee on the counter*

Dad: “Um…. you forgot the doughnut and coffee.”

Cashier: “Oh! I’ll go get them.” *takes a long time to get the coffee*

Me: “You, forgot the whoopie pie doughnut.”

Cashier: *annoyed sigh, gives me a box*

Dad: *leaving the store* “This coffee tastes weird. So… how’s your doughnut?”

Me: *looks in box* “They gave me the wrong doughnut.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!