Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Made A Baraboo-Boo

, , , , | Right | January 1, 2021

I’m being helped at the customer service desk when the store phone rings. I hear the associate’s side of the conversation. It’s worth noting that the store is having a major promotion and the line at the service desk is quite long.

Associate: “Hello, thank you for calling your [Town] [Store] today. How can I help you?”

The associate pauses while the customer speaks.

Associate: “I’m sorry. I don’t have a phone book here, so I wouldn’t be able to look up a number in another city.”

There’s another pause.

Associate: “No, our registers can’t get on the Internet. And we really don’t—”

The associate is cut off by the customer.

Associate: “Is there anything else I can do for you?”

There’s a pause.

Associate: “No, like I said, I don’t have a phone book. You could call directory assistance.”

One more pause.

Associate: “Again, I’m sorry. I can’t help you. Goodbye.”

Me: “Weird question?”

Associate: “He wanted me to look up a phone number for a person in Baraboo. Just a random person. I have no idea why he thought we could do that.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!