Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lychee Nailing Jelly To The Wall

| Right | May 14, 2016

(A customer walks in to our boba shop and wants to order a slushy.)

Cashier: “Your drink comes with two free toppings and they are lychee jelly and tapioca. Would you like that in your drink or would you like to change it?”

Customer: “I want the boba; how much is it?”

Cashier: “So no lychee jelly, just boba? All right, that would be $3.50.”

(The customer pays and waits for the drink. The order is ready and the customer picks it up.)

Customer: “Excuse me, what happened to the lychee jelly?”

Cashier: “You said you don’t want it so we didn’t put it in.”

Customer: “No, I mean what did you do with it since I didn’t want it?”

Cashier: *wants to say “I ate it” but can’t* “The lychee jelly is usually chilling in the fridge.”

Customer: *looking worried and upset* “Tell me the truth; you guys must have done something to it since I turned it down!”

(Really, the toppings you don’t want will stay out of your cup and be cool in the fridge. In the whole process, no toppings were mistreated or harmed.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!