Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Loves Listening To The Sound Of His Master’s Voice

| Right | January 31, 2013

(This particular music and entertainment retailer has just entered administration, meaning that all branches face closure and employees may lose their jobs. This has just been announced and there is a lot of press surrounding this. Stores remain open until the company either finds a buyer, or completely folds. Employees are in a state of limbo, waiting for news. I am a customer waiting in one of the smaller branches to pay when I overhear this exchange.)

Customer: “Excuse me, I need to find this CD and you don’t have it.”

Cashier: “I can look it up on the system, tell you if any other stores have it. At the moment I can’t order you a copy as our ordering services has been frozen.”

Customer: “I refuse to go anywhere else. I need this CD right now. It was released in 1987. How can you not have it in stock?”

Cashier: “We may have it in stock. Please give me the name of the artist and I will have a look. Please bear in mind we are a small branch so only carry limited stock.”

Customer: “That’s not good enough. You have everything. I need this CD.”

Cashier: “Sir, please tell me the name of the CD and I’ll see what I can find.”

Customer: “You are absolutely useless. Why can’t you just tell me if you have it? Why don’t you have it? No wonder this company is in crisis.”

Cashier: “Sir, I can’t search if you don’t tell me what you are looking for. Please tell me the artist’s name.”

Customer: *suddenly screaming* “IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT THIS COMPANY IS GOING UNDER. YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR JOB. YOU ARE A USELESS PIECE OF S***!”

(The customer storms out. The cashier looks thoroughly upset. Thankfully, the next few people in the queue all approach the counter with a smile and a kind word. The regulars among us do not want to see this store close.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!