Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Love Is Just A Game To Them

| Friendly | April 12, 2015

(I have recently met up with a close friend who I haven’t seen for years. She’s female and despite the fact that she has a boyfriend everyone who knows us seems to think we are seeing each other. During conversation Friend #2 chips in:)

Friend #2: “Well, I don’t get why you two don’t date. I mean you are perfect for each other!”

Me: “Erm, dude, we’ve been over this. I’m just not attracted to Friend#1.”

Friend#1: *playing* “Oh, so I’m ugly, is that it? Is that why you never look my way?”

Me: *playing along* “No… Uh, that’s so not what I was trying to say. It’s just that I don’t find your personality attractive.”

Friend #1: “So I’m just a boring person, then… FINE! I hate you, too!”

Me: “You know… I often wonder if I am in love with you because you always leave me tongue-tied and feeling self-conscious. It must be love!”

Friend #1: “So, you finally admit your feelings? Well. it’s too late I’m with [Boyfriend] now. I don’t think we can ever talk again. Goodbye!”

(She promptly leaves the table and walks out the door of the pub.)

Friend #2: “Rejected… Ouch. Sorry, man.”

Me: “Nope, it’s all good. I reckon I will see her again in about …three …two …one.”

(Friend #1 walks back into the pub throws herself into my arms declares her undying love for me and asks to elope with me.)

Friend #2: “You guys are just f****** with me, aren’t you?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!