Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Love Is In The Cards

| Romantic | March 26, 2012

(I’m at a bar with a friend when she excuses herself to use the restroom. Instantly, a guy who has been sitting further down the bar comes over to talk to me.)

Guy: “I know you’re here with your friend, but I was wondering if you’d like to see a magic trick before she comes back?”

Me: *I nod yes*

Guy: “Pick a card.”

(He covers his eyes so he can’t see, then holds out a sharpie and tells me to sign my name on the card and place it in the middle of the deck. I do so.)

Guy: “Now, I’m going to shuffle the cards. Here’s the magic. Your card is going to rise to the top of this deck.”

(With a flourish, he turns over the top card. It isn’t mine.)

Guy: “Shoot, that usually works. Sorry. Have a nice night, miss.” *leaves before I can say anything*

(Surprisingly, when I go to take a drink, I discover he’s replaced my coaster with my card and has written his cell number above my name! I called him and we’ve now been married three years. He still won’t tell me how he did the trick!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!