Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Love Giving Lovingly

, , , | Hopeless | January 23, 2017

(I’m standing in line at a fast food place known for their gyros, frowning at some work stuff on my phone. The young woman (probably early 20s) who is running the register is cool and fairly tough looking. She has lots of tattoos and piercings, and a no-nonsense demeanor. I place my order with her, a to-go with lunch for myself and my husband, and she waves my card away.)

Cashier: “I got you, mami. I’m buying for you. You look like you’re having a bad day, so lunch is on me, and you take it easy, okay?”

Me: “What? Really? Oh! I’m not having a bad day, haha, just some crazy work stuff. Thank you, but you don’t have to do that.”

Cashier: “Nah. I always say, if you got love, then you give, and I got lots of love, so I choose to give to you. You seem real nice, honey. Just pay it forward to another stranger some time and keep the love going, okay?”

(I thank her repeatedly, and find a $20 bill in my purse to give to her to put towards the next orders. When my food was ready, the manager actually brought me my food and told me I was a “good girl”, and had given me a bunch of extra sides in addition to gyros full to bursting. I made sure to brag on his cashier for being so awesome, and he looked so proud. The whole experience was a bright spot in my week, especially during the busy holiday season.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!