Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Love, And Other Drugs, Part 4

| Romantic | July 1, 2013

(I take a prescription medication that has value as a street drug. When we were together, my former boyfriend used to pester me to give him some, and I always said no. The relationship has now been over for several months, and I’m seeing someone new. My ex sends me a text message.)

Ex: “Hey, how’s it going? So, remember back when you said I could have some of your [medication]? Could I get that from you soon?”

Me: “Um… no, because I never said you could have any.”

Ex: “Sure you did. Anyway, it’s not for me, it’s for a friend of mine. It’s not like you need it.”

Me: “I do need it. If I wouldn’t give it to you for yourself, why would I give it to you for a stranger? Besides, I never said you could have any at all.”

Ex: “Aw, c’mon, please? My friend really wants some. You’d like her; she’s just like you.”

Me: “I said no.”

Ex: “Don’t be such a b****.”

Me: “I do not take kindly to being insulted.”

Ex: “I didn’t realize you’d decided to take everything so seriously.”

Me: “Okay, this conversation is over. You’re not getting any drugs from me; I’m off to snuggle with my new boyfriend. If I’m such a b****, and your friend is just like me, why do you want to do her any favours anyway?”

(He didn’t text me back that night.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!