Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Loud, Unhappy Sounds All Around!

, , , , | Working | July 6, 2020

We have a house phone that sometimes gets calls from telemarketers, but our bank periodically calls on it about our legit banking information, so whenever I get a telemarketer, I give them the benefit of the doubt before messing with them.

For reference, my father has a couple of credit cards but are all rarely used and paid off.

Caller: “Hello, this call is a limited time offer about your credit card and we’d like to inquire about some new features we are contemplating on adding. Would you be willing to answer a few questions?”

Me: “Sure, but for which card?”

Caller: “I’d just like to ask a few questions, please; it should only take five minutes.”

Me: “And I’m happy to oblige. I just need to know which credit card this would apply to.”

The caller’s voice is getting gruffer with irritation.

Caller: “I said we need you to answer some questions.”

I’ve already realized it’s a scam and I’m just having fun being as sugary sweet as possible.

Me: “And I’ve agreed. I just need to know which credit card you’re talking about so I can give you the best answers possible. Don’t you use different cards for different purposes?”

Caller: “Ma’am, if you will not cooperate, I will have to terminate this call.”

Me: “No, no, please. I just want to be as helpful as poss—”

Caller: “THAT’S. IT. GOOD-BYE!”

He hung up hard enough that the receiver made a loud, unhappy sound.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!