Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lost A Sale, And The Ability To Listen

, , , , , , , | Working | November 24, 2017

(I’ve purchased my first home, so on Black Friday I take advantage of a large electronic store’s sale to order a full set kitchen of appliances for $2,700, regularly $3,400. The order goes through, but the website is not allowing me to set the delivery date on one of the appliances, so I call the customer service line. The woman sets the date for me, and I hang up and refresh my page to find that, instead, my whole order is cancelled. I call back again.)

Me: “Hi, there seems to have been an error. I just called to set a delivery date on my order, but I’m now seeing that my order was cancelled.”

Customer Service Representative: “Oh, no! I can fix that for you! I see you ordered under the Black Friday sale, and that is no longer happening, so it looks like your new total is $3,400, with tax. May I get your card number?”

Me: “Um, no. See, I didn’t cancel my order. I spoke to one of your reps to set the delivery date and it seems they cancelled the order by mistake. It doesn’t seem fair that I’m penalized $700 dollars because of a mistake I didn’t make.”

Customer Service Representative: “I understand why that might be frustrating, but the order was cancelled and that sale is no longer happening. Do you still wish to order?”

Me: “Me wanting the appliances has never changed, as I never cancelled the order. Your service rep did. I can afford $2,700; I cannot afford $3,400. That’s why I purchased them on sale.”

Customer Service Representative: “That is a big price difference. Taking advantage of our Black Friday event is highly recommended to get the best deals. The current price is $3,400, plus tax. Would you like to proceed?”

Me: “I’m a bit at a loss for words. Does your computer show notes on who cancelled the order and what my previous call was regarding?”

Customer Service Representative: “I can see what mistake may have been made that led to the order being cancelled, yes.”

Me: “Great! So, as this wasn’t my fault, we can agree that I should be able to pay the price I ordered at originally, right?”

Customer Service Representative: *suddenly very irritated* “Ma’am, what is it that you want? What do I need to do to make you happy?”

Me: “…”

(It took several phone calls, but I eventually did get my order back at the correct price, with an additional $75 discount!)


This story is part of the Black Friday 2022 roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

25 Crazy Tales Of Black Friday Madness!

 

Read the next Black Friday 2022 roundup story!

Read the Black Friday 2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!