Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Losing Brownie Points With Each Sentence

, , , , | Right | January 16, 2020

(I work as a barista in a grocery store. I get a lot of hard customers, and I’m pretty patient, but this one takes the cake for me. A woman comes up to the pastry case near the other register next to mine. After asking from my register how I can help her, and her not moving, I walk over to the pastry case to help her.)

Me: “Hi! What can I get for you today?”

Customer: “Do you have any more of those dark squares?”

Me: “You mean… a brownie?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Well, we have that one in the case, and the others we have are frozen right now and thawing.”

Customer: “Hmm, okay. I’ll just take a frozen one; it’s fine.”

Me: *starts to grab a frozen brownie*

Customer: “You know what, I’ll take the one in the case.”

Me: *sets the frozen brownie down and starts to get the one in the case*

Customer: “You know what? I’ll take the frozen one.”

Me: “Okay, no problem.” *opens the pack of frozen brownies*

Customer: “Wait a minute. Are you able to thaw that?”

Me: “Well, I can heat the brownie up, but since it’s frozen, I can’t guarantee it’ll be warm all the way through.”

Customer: “Okay, then let me get the one in the case.”

Me: *sets the frozen brownies down again and goes to grab the one in the case*

Customer: “Wait, never mind. Just give me a frozen one and I’ll deal with it.”

Me: *grabs the frozen brownies again*

Customer: “Yeah, I just don’t know how long that’s been in the case.”

Me: “We put our pastries in every day, so it’s only been in there since this morning.”

Customer: “Oh, okay, let me go ahead and take the one in the case, then.”

Me: “Okay no problem.” *grabs the brownie from pastry case* “Would you like it heated up?”

Customer: “Hmm… no, I’ll just take it home.”

Me: *goes to put the brownie in a bag*

Customer: “You know what? Let me have it warmed.”

Me: “Okay, ma’am.” *puts the brownie in the oven and starts to press the button to warm it*

Customer: “Wait! Actually, I’ll just take it as is.”

Me: *takes the brownie out of the oven, puts it in a bag, and hands it to her*

Customer: “Actually, can you warm it? Sorry.”

Me: “Sure.” *puts the brownie in the oven again*

Customer: “But only a little bit!”

Me: *sets the oven on a low setting and warms the brownie* “Okay, ma’am, here’s your brownie.”

Customer: *pays and walks away*

Coworker: “Wow, I am so glad you had her. I would’ve lost it on her.”

Me: *sighs*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!