Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Looking Forward To Friday For Different Reasons

, , , | Working | March 24, 2020

(I work in a retail job while at university. There has been a late evening lecture every Thursday since I started two years ago, and because of this, my availability has remained constant through my job. I come in one morning to see that I am scheduled for next Thursday.)

Me: “Oh, it looks like someone has made a mistake on the rota.”

Manager: “Why is that?”

Me: “I’ve been booked for next Thursday.”

Manager: “That’s correct. Your availability says you can work Thursdays.”

Me: “No, it doesn’t.”

Manager: “I checked it myself while doing the rota. It most definitely is. I don’t know how you’ve gotten away with it quite frankly.”

Me: “I have a lecture late Thursday. It’s been like that since I started. My availability has never changed.”

Manager: *scoffs* “Why don’t we check?”

(He leaves the kitchen and grabs my personnel file from the office. He returns and makes a big show of opening it on the table, spreading all my personal information around — which I later find out results in a couple of others in the kitchen discovering my sexuality — and finds my contract.)

Manager: “Monday: available. Tuesday — oh, would you look at this — available. Wednesday: available, and Thursday…”

Me: “Go on.”

(He waited a couple of seconds before scrambling to put my file back together. He then took the rota and updated it. The experience left me quite shaken about how he handled disagreements, and I ended up putting in a complaint. He no longer does the rotas, as my complaint was one of several about him making errors, and he no longer has access to the personnel files after how he behaved. I’m not sure what else happened with him in the background, but I hope he suffered a little.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!