Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Looking For His Bag Lady

| Romantic | April 14, 2014

(I pick up some fresh kale and don’t bother to get a produce bag for it. I then go over to another section to compare prices on a couple things. There is a guy nearby, stocking items.)

Guy: “Need a bag for that?”

Me: *polite smile* “No, I’m good. Thanks.”

Guy: “You sure?”

Me: “Yeah, I’m sure.”

Guy: “Why don’t you want a bag?”

Me: *slightly confused as to why this is such an issue* “Because I don’t need one?”

Guy: *with an attitude* “Well I guess that’s what I get. I’m just trying to be nice. But nice guys finish last, right?”

(My eyes go wide and I turn and stare at the shelves in front of me for a few seconds, utterly confused. I finally got to check the prices and then I go over to my husband who is not far away. I tell him what happened.)

Husband: “All that over a bag? I thought he was just hitting on you. The look on your face was priceless.”

Me: “Yeah, that’s what I thought originally, but obviously harassing me about not taking a bag seemed like a better choice.”

Husband: “He just wanted to bag you! Why wouldn’t you let him bag you!”

(Sometimes my husband is funny. This was not one of those times.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!