Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Looking For A Stuffed Cash Cow

| Right | May 22, 2013

(In order to drive business to our photography studio, we leave out stuffed animals for customers to ‘find’ and return in exchange for a free session and picture. The animals come with a silly poem with directions on where to go to collect their prize. A customer comes in, and places one of our toys on the counter.)

Customer: “I found your toy.”

Me: “Great! You’ve won a prize! You’ve won a free picture plus sitting!”

Customer: “What? You mean there’s no cash?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “I found your toy. I was under the impression there would be a reward.”

Me: “Erm… yes. The sitting and picture is the reward.”

Customer: “Well, I want CASH!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am; we’re not allowed to offer cash prizes.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t have to take this! I brought your toy back, and you won’t pay me for it! You do it every other time! I can’t believe you won’t do it now! I’m calling your manager to complain!”

Me: “I am the manager, ma’am. I’m quite certain I’ve never handed out a cash prize for this game.”

(The customer is now red faced and even angrier.)

Customer: “How rude of you! I’m calling your company to complain and get my cash!”

(The customer then shoved the toy across the counter, paused to take the number for customer services, and stormed out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!