Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Looking For A Solution In Alderaan Places

| Right | April 1, 2016

(I work at a busy spaceport on Coruscant at the ticket sales. A disgruntled customer approaches.)

Customer: “This is outrageous! Why has my flight been delayed?”

Me: *looks up his information* “Well, sir, it appears your flight to Alderaan today has been cancelled because the planet no longer exists.”

Customer: “What?! What do you mean? Where is it?!”

Me: “I apologise, sir, the notes on the system only say that a great disturbance in the Force was felt, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.”

Customer: “Well, that’s just typical! When will the next flight be?”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but that route has now been cancelled. There will be no more new flights.”

Customer: “Unacceptable! Ugh, when did they start hiring Banthas as staff? I demand you get me on the next available flight or I will have you thrown into the nearest Sarlacc!”

Me: “Sir, please don’t call me names. And again, I apologise, but it will be impossible to–”

Customer: “Now listen here, missy! I’m a frequent flyer, and have personally done the Kessel Run more times than anyone! I know my rights, and I demand you put me on the next… available… flight!”

(My coworker, who has overheard my troublesome customer, runs over to assist.)

Coworker: “Sir, you’re in luck! A ticket has become available, as you requested, on the next available flight.”

Customer: “Finally! Someone with some sense!”

Coworker: “Quite, sir. Please take this ticket and proceed to gate 47 for your flight.”

Customer: “About right, too! I swear I will be writing to corporate about this!”

(The customer storms off in a huff and I turn to my coworker.)

Me: “But there is no more ‘next flight’ to Alderaan.”

Coworker: “I know, but imagine his face when he steps off his flight and realises I have given him a one-way ticket to Dagobah.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!