Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Looking After The Welfare Of Others Shouldn’t Have To Be Explained  

, , , , | Friendly | December 2, 2019

(I’m on WIC — the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children — and I’m checking out in front of an older man and a couple of teen boys. I tell the cashier I’m using one of the checks, and the older man groans.)

Older Man: “Ugh, why can’t you sluts just keep your legs closed? I don’t want my tax money paying for some welfare babies!”

Me: “Sir, I just want to get food and go home.”

Older Man: “To your sugar daddy’s house? Does he have some mansion up in the mountains or something?”

Me: “No, I’m in [Trailer Park] right now. That’s all we can afford.”

Older Man: “F****** trailer trash, I should have known!”

(The teenage boy behind him finally gets tired and taps him on the shoulder.)

Teen: “Look, sir, that poor girl already told you that she doesn’t want to hear this, and I’m pretty tired of it, too. Plus, she’s probably stressed out enough, being pregnant and having to rely on government assistance. So, how about you leave her alone for a bit?”

Older Man: “Well, all these kids today, being rude!” *storms off*

(The teen ended up buying me a couple of candy bars and told me that I shouldn’t worry about people like the older man.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!