Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Long Distance Phoney Call

| Right | December 31, 2012

(A guest comes up to the front desk with a copy of her room charges that was placed under her door. For various reasons, the list of charges gives little detail. Detailed receipts can be acquired upon request.)

Guest: “I’d like to know why I was charged for these phone calls!”

(I look at her receipt and it lists two calls stating only ‘Long Distance Call’ and the rate she was charged for each.)

Me: “The charges are for the long distance calls you made from the room.”

Guest: “I didn’t make the second call! Someone must have snuck into my room and made a call from my phone!”

Me: “Okay, no problem; what is the phone number for the call you are disputing?”

(I pull up her detailed bill in my computer. She rattles off the correct phone number for the call she ‘didn’t make’.)

Me: “And since a stranger came into your room and made that call while you were out, how did you come to know the number called?”

Guest: *turns red and quickly leaves*

(Lucky for me I left detailed notes about the encounter. I came back the next day to additional notes from a coworker saying she had tried the same tactic again!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!