Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Logo Away

, , , , | Right | October 9, 2019

(Here’s the background story: we are currently building a website for one of the clients. This website will include their logo. This is a logo which they own and designed; we did not make this logo for them. When asked for the file, the client sends over a low-res .jpg file. We use the file; it is kind of grainy but not too horrible.)

Client: “Can you increase the logo size by 150%?”

Me: “Yes, we can; however, it will look grainy.”

Client: “Why will it look grainy?”

Me: “The file you submitted is too low-res. If you can provide us an eps file or a high-res version of the photo, we will be more than happy to increase the logo to 150% of the current size.”

Client: “If I have to enlarge the photo myself to get it right then don’t worry about it. I thought you guys had the capabilities to do a basic graphic design work in house.”

Me: “What you are asking is for us to recreate your logo, of which we are more than capable. However, there’s an additional charge for that service. All I’m asking is for the original high-res file or eps file.”

Client: “YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO TOO MUCH WORK!”


This story is part of the Artists-Versus-Clients roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Funny Stories About People Who Don’t Really “Get” Art

 

Read the next Artists-Versus-Clients roundup story!

Read the Artists-Versus-Clients roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!