Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Logged As An Idiot

, | Working | November 26, 2015

(At our factory we have computers at each machine we use to enter the final measurements of a product we create. Each computer has a specific login so you can access the necessary files needed to input the final data. While you can use another computer’s login to access the necessary files, it’s best if you use the proper login. On this particular day, one computer is having issues with the login credentials. We decide to call up tech support since we can’t figure out a way to get around the login to access the data. The tech support is kind of… bad. It’s pretty terrible, actually, and no one wants to deal with them. After a lot of discussion it is decided that I should make the call. This is the conversation that follows when I call them up and explain the issue we have. The phone is on speaker mode:)

Tech Support: “Thanks for calling tech support. How can I assist you?”

Me: “Hi! We’re having issues with a computer here. It’s saying the credentials cannot be verified. We’ve tried bypassing it but it won’t work, not even with another computer’s login. I think it’s something with the domain it’s connected to. Think you can take a look at that?”

Tech Support: “Absolutely. What is your computer’s name?”

Me: *I rattle off the eight-digit number of the computer to the techie*

Tech Support: “Okay. I have your number and it’s legit. I need you to log in for me.”

(There’s a moment of silence as I am waiting to see if he’s going to process what he just said.)

Me: “Uh, we CAN’T login. That’s the issue…”

Tech Support: “I understand. But I need you to log in so we can fix the issue.”

Me: “No, no. You aren’t listening to me. I CAN’T login because the credentials of this computer cannot be verified on the domain I am trying to log in to.”

Tech Support: “I still need you to log in so we can sort this issue out.”

Coworkers: *roll eyes*

Me: “Dude, listen to me real good now. We can’t log in. Okay? Do you understand? The computer’s credentials are not being verified. It won’t let us pass the login screen.”

Tech Support: “I still need you to log in…”

Short-Tempered Coworker: “What part of ‘We cannot log in’ do you not understand? WE CANNOT LOG IN!”

(There’s a moment of silence before the tech support guy speaks up.)

Tech Support: “Oh, you cannot log in. I will send someone out to fix the issue from your end. Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

(I end the call then and there.)

Me: *to short-tempered coworker* “Next time, you call.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!