Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Loaner Moaner

, , , , | Right | August 11, 2021

I work in a dealership. The person who gives out loaner cars is in the same office as I am, so I hear everything.

Coworker: “Okay, I just need a debit or credit card, proof of insurance, and your driver’s license.”

The customer gives her everything.

Coworker: “Oh, this insurance is expired. Do you have any recent insurance?”

Customer: “That’s what I keep in my car.”

Coworker: “Okay, but I need recent, non-expired insurance to put into my system.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous. It’s the same information.”

Coworker: “Sir, this expired three years ago.”

Customer: “So?”

Coworker: “I can’t give you a loaner car without updated insurance. If you call your insurance company, they can send you a copy of it.”

Customer: “This is f****** ridiculous! I don’t need to do that! I drive a Corvette! My insurance isn’t expired!”

Coworker: “I need proof it’s not expired.”

Customer: “I don’t have that! What do you expect me to do, take the f****** bus? Get me your manager.”

My coworker went into the service section and talked to the service manager, who backed her up. There was a bit more yelling from the customer before he left, but I couldn’t make it out because of an echo and a wall of plexiglass. Guess who didn’t get a loaner?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!