Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 7

, , , , | Right | April 9, 2021

It is in the middle of summer when leaving your car for even just ten minutes can leave the inside feeling like an oven. A lady walks in carrying a grocery bag bearing our logo, with an ice cream carton inside. I’m working at the customer service desk when she approaches.

Customer: “Hello, um, I’m really embarrassed, but I bought this ice cream earlier, and I forgot it in my car, and now it’s all melted.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.”

Customer: “Yes. I was wondering, would it be possible for me to exchange it?”

Me: “Um, I’m not sure. I don’t think I can do that, but—”

I was going to say that I would check with my manager and see if he would allow it, but the woman cuts me off, her entire attitude flipping from apologetic to outraged.

Customer: “IT WAS A MISTAKE! I FORGOT IT, AND NOW IT’S MELTED! I SHOULDN’T BE PUNISHED FOR MAKING A MISTAKE! WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUNISH ME?! WHERE IS YOUR CHARITY?!”

She was screaming at the top of her lungs, and spittle was actually flying into my face even as I leaned back in shock. My manager hurried out of the back room at the sound of the commotion, but before he could speak up, the woman hurled the bag across the counter toward us. It missed me and the carton splattered open, spilling melted ice cream everywhere, while the lady kept screaming at us.

My manager ended up escorting her out, telling her not to come back, though I don’t think he officially processed anything to ban her, and I got to work cleaning up the melted ice cream.

Related:
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 6
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 5
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 4
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 3
Literally Scream For Ice Cream, Part 2

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!