Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lined Up To Fail

| Right | December 22, 2014

(When a customer comes in to our store they first talk to a salesman who registers the product the customer wants.. After that, they come to me, the cashier, and after they have paid they collect their product out in the hall where we have our delivery point. Christmas time is our busiest time of the year. I’m the cashier.)

Me: “Hi, how can I help you?”

Customer: “I’d like to buy an iPad. It’s under the name [Name].”

Me: “Okay, that will be [price].”

(The customer pays and goes off to collect the iPad. I continue with the line. Soon he comes back, red in the face with anger. I’ve started helping another customer, but he is so mad he ignores that fact.)

Customer #1: “Excuse me. What is this!?”

Me: “I’m sorry.”

Customer #1: “I’ve been standing in line for a very long time and now there is a line at the delivery point as well. I don’t have fu***** time for this.”

Me: “Your iPad is reserved to you so if you want to collect another time, you are free to do so if you don’t have the time right now. I’m sorry but they are working as fast as they can out there.”

Customer #1: “That’s not f****** good enough. Give me my money back and I’ll go to another store and spend my money there.”

Me: “Of course.”

(I ask the person next in line if it’s okay if I fix this really quickly. He smiles and says okay. While I type away the angry customer keeps insulting me.)

Customer #1: “This poor service. How dare they do this to me?! This service is s***!”

Customer #2: “Well, they do have pretty s***ty customers, too.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!