Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Very Cutting Remark

| Working | March 11, 2016

(I recently had about sixteen inches of hair cut off to donate, as I usually do when my hair gets absurdly long. As someone known for having extremely long, thick hair, most of my coworkers comment on the new bob I’m sporting, and are pretty complimentary about it. Except this one, who I’m bagging for…)

Coworker: “Oh, you cut your hair.” *smiles politely*

Me: “Yeah, it was about time.”

Coworker: *eyes suddenly narrow* “What kind of scissors did they use?”

Me: *knowing nothing about hair cutting beyond the basics* “Uh, scissors?”

Coworker: “It doesn’t look like they used hair scissors.” *scrutinizes my hair*

Me: “Well, it might look a little rough because they have to put it in a ponytail in order to donate it, and just—” *makes motions* “—cut across.”

Coworker: “Right…”

(When I went back to the customer service desk and related it to one of the girls there, she just laughed and said, “Don’t take a stupid person’s stupid comment seriously. Besides, half her hair is fake anyway.”)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!