Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Own Brand Of Crazy

| Working | October 24, 2015

(My fiancé and I are out to buy a certain brand of cat-food, which has been recommended by both our veterinarian and the breeder, for our five-month-old kitten. We’re entering a small pet store and search around for a bit, but fail to find the section with cat food. The shop owner then approaches us.)

Shop Owner: “Hello! Can I help you find anything?”

Me: “Oh, yes, please. We’re looking for the cat food.”

Shop Owner: “It’s right here.” *gestures behind the counter* “Is it for adults or kittens?”

Me: “It’s for kitten… but I notice you don’t have the brand we want, sorry.”

Shop Owner: “…Are you talking about [Brand]?”

Me: “Uh, yeah? Why?”

Shop Owner: *suddenly changing to a more angry tone* “That brand is terrible! Is bad for your kitten! Filled with chemicals and no nutrition!”

Fiancé: “Er… I think we’ll stick to it anyway… The vet thinks it’s good for him.”

(We’re about to leave at this point when the shop owner speaks up again.)

Shop Owner: “Hold on!” *grabs a bag of cat food for kittens and holds it out for us to take* “Here! Free sample! Your kitten will like this better.”

Me: “Thanks… but no thanks. We’re good.”

Shop Owner: “How can you say no to a free sample?! DON’T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CAT?! THIS IS BETTER FOR IT!”

(Yes, she did indeed begin to scream, so we quickly left the store. It didn’t strike us until later that the pet store and the brand of cat-food she tried to give us had the same name, so she was clearly just trying to promote her own brand.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!