Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Like A Broken R-Eco-rd

| Working | January 1, 2013

(At the bank where I work, every Christmas our department collects toys for a charity drive. I’m the one who calls building maintenance to get recycle barrels to decorate for donations.)

Me: “Hi, we need three recycle barrels to collect toys for our drive.”

Building Maintenance: “I don’t think we can recycle toys.”

Me: “No, it’s for the charity drive. We just need the barrels to store the toys in until we can take them to [charity].”

Building Maintenance: “I understand, but we still can’t recycle toys.”

Me: “No, it’s a charity drive, to collect for the kids who don’t have much for Christmas.”

Building Maintenance: “I don’t think we can recycle toys.”

(I try several time to explain what we need these for and how they’ll be used, but all I get is, “We can’t recycle toys.”)

Me: “Okay, then… thanks.”

(I hang up, wait a minute, and dial him back.)

Me: “Hi! We need three recycle barrels for our floor.”

Building Maintenance: “All right! What department and what floor?”


This story is part of the Christmas In The Workplace roundup!

Read the next Christmas In The Workplace roundup story!

Read the Christmas In The Workplace roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!