Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Like A Baby Bird Falling Out Of The Nest

, , , , , , | Learning | August 1, 2022

I was working on a dance production at university. One of the choreographers was an insufferable snob; however, he was also the publicity manager for this production.

For the production logo, he designed a small circular sun with some graceful curves in front of it, each pair of which intersected. To the entire production team, they looked like abstract birds; however, the ar-TISTE scoffed down his nose at us uncultured Philistines as these were OBVIOUSLY hills (an image which coincidentally matched the theme of his personal dance piece).

The production director was completely oblivious to the drama this guy was creating, which made this particular production meeting that much more memorable.

Me: “Okay. Next on the agenda is publicity.”

Choreographer: “The mural on the Performing Arts Center wall is being painted as we speak. The department website has been updated, and the posters are due to go to the printer this afternoon.”

Production Director: “Perfect. You know, I’ve said it before, but I love the simplicity of your design this year.”

Choreographer: “Thank you!”

Production Director: “The simplicity of those birds flying against the blank canvas of the sky is so moving.”

We could feel the rage seething within our high and mighty artist while the entire production team at the table desperately tried to suppress our laughter. He continued to insist they were hills, just outside of [Production Director]’s hearing, and with much less frequency than before.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!