Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Liar Liar Pants On Fire

, , , | Right | September 6, 2008

Me: “Hello, *** Customer Support, how can I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, I have a problem with my bill.”

Me: “Let’s have a look at it, can you give me your customer number please?”

Customer: “Sure, it’s…”

(While he gives me the number, the fire alarm goes off.)

Customer: “What is this noise?”

Me: “It’s the fire alarm, Sir. I’m afraid I have to call you back later.”

Customer: “Oh, I see. Well, can we go through my bill now?”

Me: “Sir, I’m afraid I can’t do this right now. The fire alarm is on and that means I have to leave the building.”

Customer: “Yeah, sure. So, my bill–”

Me: “Sir, I will gladly check your bill once the alarm is out and the building is safe, but now, I really need to hang up and go outside.”

Customer: “But my bill…”

Me: “Sir, I’m afraid my pants are on fire, so I’d appreciate it if you could agree that I’ll call you back later.”

Customer: “Oh! Okay then, call me in an hour and I hope your pants are fine.”

Me: “Thanks. Bye.”

(My pants of course were not on fire, but I don’t think anything else would have shut him up.)


This story is part of our customers-treating-staff-like-they’re-sub-human roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Shocking Stories About The Most Entitled Customers Ever!

 

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the customers-treating-staff-like-they’re-sub-human roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!