Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Liar Liar On The Telephone (Wire)

, , | Right | June 9, 2008

Me: “Hello, [company name], how may I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, I would like to speak to [company president’s first name].”

Me: “May I ask who is calling?”

Caller: “This is Joe. He is expecting my call.”

Me: “… and you are with?”

Caller: “Just put me through, he knows me and is expecting me to call.”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but my instructions are to find out who is calling and what company they are with before transferring the call.”

Caller: “Look, I am his brother and you better put me through right now!”

Me: “Oh really? Well, I am his sister and I know for a fact that we don’t have a brother.”

Caller: *click*

(Salesmen will say anything to get through. And yes, I am the CEO’s sister.)


This story is part of the Even-More-Customers-Caught-Lying-themed roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 True Stories About Scammers Who Failed Miserably!

 

Read the next Even-More-Customers-Caught-Lying-themed story!

Read the Even-More-Customers-Caught-Lying-themed roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!