Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lettuce Tell You What You’re Doing Wrong

| Right | March 8, 2017

Me: “What can I get for you?”

Customer: “Uh… I think I want a burrito.”

Me: “Okay. What kind of rice and beans in there?”

Customer: “Are they vegetarian? I can’t eat meat.”

(This didn’t seem too strange to me, because some people do make beans with a bit of meat in them. I tell her that the only things on the line that aren’t vegetarian friendly are the meats.)

Customer: “Ok… is the chicken vegetarian?”

Me: “No…”

Customer: “Is that, what is it, steak? Vegetarian?”

Me: “Again, none of our meats are vegetarian. But I can put some grilled vegetables in if you like.”

Customer: “Are they vegetarian?”

Me: “Yes.”

(She then proceeds to ask about every single thing on the line. I kept trying to reiterate that everything else on the line is, indeed, vegetarian. She kept asking anyway. Thinking she might be trying to mess with me, I decide to see if she’s calling my bluff or not.)

Customer: “Is the lettuce vegetarian?”

Me: “No.”

(It actually is, since it was literally just chopped lettuce. But the customer doesn’t miss a beat.)

Customer: “Okay, then I don’t want any of that. Is the cheese vegetarian?”

(That may have been the longest order I had to fill. She was a nice girl, though. I guess she just had no idea what vegetarianism was.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!