Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lettuce Be Clear About This, Part 2

, , , , , , | Right | February 7, 2023

This was many years ago when there was an E. coli outbreak that affected lettuce. Salads of all kinds were pulled out of restaurants and stores for weeks.

I was working as a server, and the recall had been in place for about three weeks when two ladies were seated at my table.

Customer #1: “I would like a house salad as my side, please.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we don’t have any salads available right now due to the recall. Is there something else you would like?”

Customer #1: “No, I’ll take the salad. I don’t think those outbreaks are real. It’s just the government testing on us. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

Customer #2: “You’ll have to get something else. It doesn’t matter that it’s not real; they don’t actually have any lettuce, and the government will shut them down if they try to sell it during their test.”

Customer #1: “Oh, that makes sense. I’ll just need a moment to decide, then.”

Me: “No problem. I’ll be back to check on you.”

I’ve often wondered over the years if the second lady believed in the lettuce conspiracy or if she just knew how to deal with the first lady well.

Related:
Lettuce Be Clear About This

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!