Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Let Them Eat Whole Cake And Their Words

, , , | Right | April 11, 2020

(I purchase my coffee at a popular chain where the uniform used to be a gold name tag, black trousers, a maroon shirt, and a black apron, with the store’s logo sewn on both. Coincidentally, I am wearing a collared maroon shirt. I line up, and the two women in front of me notice me.)

Woman: *smiling* “I would like a whole cake.”

Me: *forgetting I am wearing the bistro’s colours* “That’s nice!”

(As the queue quickly moves on and we are one person closer to the counter, the woman turns to me already armed with a glaring face for my lack of urgency in cake retrieval and gives me an “up-down” look.)

Woman: *slightly irritated* “We want a whole cake!”

Me: “You can order a whole, unsliced cake at the counter.” *points to counter*

(She turned back angrily and when it was her turn to order, she spoke louder than usual for her cake, giving me the evil eye. Only when I FINISHED ordering did she realise that I was a customer. The women ignored me in fear that the mere sight of me would turn them into stone, and before I could head to the same counter to collect my drink, they ran off! Sorry, but I like maroon and I don’t harass employees when they’re off duty!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!