Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Let Them Eat Wedding Cake

| Working | July 29, 2016

(My spouse and I choose not to have a traditional wedding cake. Instead, a friend who owns a cake shop makes us four of his small chocolate raspberry cakes as a wedding gift. At the wedding reception, my spouse and I cut the cake, and the venue staff serves our guests. There are about six pieces left afterwards.)

Mother: “I’m going to go ask the staff to box up the leftover cake so you can freeze some for your first anniversary.”

(She walks back to the kitchen, then returns empty handed a minute later.)

Me: “Oh, are they going to bring it out to us?”

Mother: “Well… I went back to ask them to package it… and they all just kind of looked at the ground until the head waiter said, ‘It just looked so good…’”

Me: *laughing* “Really?”

Mother: “Yup. So, there are no more pieces left, but you can tell [Chef Friend] that the staff at [Venue] said his cake was way better than any normal wedding cake they’ve had.”

(My mom was a little angry, but my spouse and I thought it was hilarious and passed the compliment on to our friend.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!