Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Let The Music Move You To The Correct Number

| Right | June 6, 2016

(I worked in the IT department at a small company as a system administrator. One day the receptionist calls and says a customer is calling in for tech support, which isn’t possible because we are a print and mail shop, and I only support employees. Intrigued, I have her put him through.)

Me: “[Company], this is [My Name].”

Customer: “Hi, I have a G-59x unit that I ordered from you all and I can’t get any music out of it. I connected it to the audio source but it’s not playing.”

Me: “I’m sorry, I think you must have a wrong number. This is [Company].”

Customer: “That’s right, [Similarly Named Company]! That’s who I bought it from.”

(I do a quick Google search to find that there’s a company whose name is almost, but not exactly, like ours. They make music systems for restaurants, stores, and on-hold music for phones.)

Me: “I found the company you’re looking for online. I have their number if it’ll help.”

Customer: “So you’re refusing to help me? It’s always the same. You call for support and they pass you around from one person to another, and nobody helps.”

Me: *sighing internally and drawing on my vast IT experience* “Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

Customer: “Oh, hey! It’s working now! Thanks!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!