Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Let Slip How Lazy They Are

, , , , | Working | September 27, 2017

(I have to close the store one night with the laziest coworker there. It is routine to retrieve carts that are outside and bring them in. On this particular night, there are about seven carts outside. It is snowing, leaving the parking lot slick and dangerous. Due to unfortunate circumstances, my work boots have been destroyed, making it difficult to traverse across the ice.)

Me: “Hey, could you get the carts for me tonight? I’m afraid I’d be falling everywhere if I tried.”

Lazy Coworker: “I’m not really feeling it, tonight. I’m gonna just smoke my cigarette and finish up the rest of the closing procedure afterward.”

(I roll my eyes, as this is typical of his behavior, and continue the trek out into the icy parking lot. There’s one cart that’s at the complete other end of the parking lot, about 100 yards away, which results in much slipping and sliding all the way there and all the way back. After gathering all of the carts and falling on my bum at least twice, I finally make it back into the store.)

Lazy Coworker: “Wow. That looked like it hurt. Glad I decided to stay inside.”


This story is part of our Nothing roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Infuriating Stories About Lazy Customers

 

Read the next Nothing roundup story!

Read the Nothing roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!