Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Let Me Give You A Pizza My Mind

, , , , | Right | February 11, 2011

(I work at a pizza place that is within walking distance of my house. Our house number and the number for the restaurant are identical except that two numbers are swapped, so occasionally people accidentally call my house number. It is a Sunday, which is the one day the restaurant is closed.)

Me: “Hello?”

Caller: “Yes, hi. Can I get two large pepperoni–”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, you have the wrong number. [Restaurant] is clo-”

Caller: “No, this is [Restaurant]! I recognize your voice! Don’t lie to me!”

Me: “I’m sure you do, because I work there. But this is my house number, and it’s my day off because [Restaurant] is closed today. If you call the right number–”

Caller: “No, you’re not closed today! Now put in my f****** order!”

(I hang up on the guy because I do not like his attitude. He calls again, and I answer, this time with my dad listening in from the other room.)

Caller: “You hung up on me!”

Me: “Yes, sir, I did. You have the wrong number, and the restaurant is closed.

Caller: “Get me the owner! I’m having you fired!”

Me: “Sir, he does not live with me and therefore I cannot.”

Caller: “You stupid b****! Who the f*** do you think you are?!”

(The guy starts screaming obscenities. My dad has been listening in and has had enough.)

Dad: “Sir, if you’ve got a problem, you’re going to have to deal with me!”

Caller: “Is this the manager?! Great! I want–”

Dad: “No, this is her father. This is a private residence and I don’t want you calling here again. And if you have a problem with that, I want you to say it to my face.”

Caller: “Fine! I’ll be right there!” *click*

(The guy drove out to the restaurant, where my dad decided to wait for him outside. My father is 6’6″ and weighs nearly 300 lbs. I saw the guy pull up to see my dad and the closed sign right behind where he was standing. The guy’s face turned completely white and he jumped back in his car and sped off. When I went back to work the next day, the guy came in for an order. He left a note of apology and a $20 tip in the tip jar.)


This story is part of our Hilarious Wrong Number roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Funny Stories About iPhone Users Who Weren’t Smart Enough For Their Smartphone

 

Read the next Hilarious Wrong Number roundup story!

Read the Hilarious Wrong Number roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!