Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Less Mature Than The Interns

, , , | Working | August 17, 2021

My coworker is volatile and petty. She has a need to be constantly embroiled with drama, and this time it is my turn. She is currently in the process of pretending that I am ignoring her about very important things she tells me about. In hindsight, she never tells me about it and it isn’t important. There are things that really do not affect me or my work at the end of the day.

Yesterday, she got annoyed at me for not knowing about a group of interns she hired over the summer. In the fashion that is both petty and completely her, she told everyone BUT me. A coworker told me about it and admitted it hadn’t been brought up in any conversation between the three of us. I documented it to protect myself and moved on.

Today, she sends me a text at 7:40 am.

Coworker: “We have a meeting this morning that conflicts with our standing 8:30.”

At no point does she tell me NOT to go to this meeting and she is trying to get me in trouble after all, so I can only assume that there is a real possibility that she is trying to get me to avoid the meeting to get me in trouble. I decide to pop in, just in case. Worst-case scenario, I sit alone in the meeting for a few minutes.

Fast forward to 8:27 am, and guess who walks into the office? The interns she forgot to tell me about, ready for their 8:30 am meeting. Guess who is not in the office?

So to recap, you expect me to read your mind and want me to be a part of these intern meetings but do not bother to include me?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!