Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Less Hours At The Eleventh Hour

| Working | June 11, 2015

(We get a limited amount of hours to divide between seven employees, and two of those only get ten hours at best.)

Coworker #1: “Ugh, only nine hours this week. This is killing me. I wish [Boss] would give me more hours.”

Me: “I know, right? I’m lucky that [Coworker #2] asked me to take her hours, what with her kid being sick. I might have gotten twenty five hours in all this week.”

Coworker #1: “Wait, you got twenty five hours this week? That’s not fair!”

Me: “I only did because I got [Coworker #2]’s hours. As keyholder, I think I’m the last one they called to come in. They didn’t contact you?”

Coworker: “Oh, yeah, they did. I was out with my family. We were talking about going to the lake for the day.”

Me: “What about [Coworker #3]? She’s having to go to that wedding and she gave me her hours, too.”

Coworker: “Yeah, they asked me, but I had a party I was really wanting to go to.”

Me: “Well, maybe next time. I need the hours anyway. I can’t believe this new doctor is going to cost $400 just to see!”

Coworker: “Yeah, that sucks… Hey, do you think [Boss] will care if I put in for a whole week of time off in a few months? My family has bought a cabin out in Arkansas and I kind of already put a down payment on it, so I can’t back out.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!