Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Leaving Your Luggage Baggage Behind

| Right | July 3, 2014

(I work at one location of the world’s largest retail chain. My department carries luggage, furniture, lamps, and photo frames. Although known for a lower-class clientele, my particular store was in an affluent suburb. A woman comes in and approaches for help with duffel bags.)

Me: “I’ll be happy to help you with that. They are right over here with our luggage. Are you looking for any specific features?”

Customer: “It’s going to be an airline carry on, so it can’t be too big, and I’ll need to carry it around a lot, so it has to ride well on my shoulder.”

(I point out the bags that fit the carry on restrictions. There are six. She proceeds to take the paper and inflatable stuffing out of all six and walk up and down the aisle with each. Then she picks one.)

Customer: “I’m going to take this one. Thank you.”

(She looks down at the pile of trash she left littered up and down the aisle.)

Customer: “Looks like you won’t be bored for a while.” *she leaves*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!