Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Leaving You Alone Is Something We All Want

, , , , | Right | February 10, 2020

(I am working in a board game store in the mall, helping customers find different games and items during the Black Friday weekend. It has been hectic, but a part of my job is making sure that customers are being taken care of. During the rush, I spot a woman looking intently at our board game wall with some games in her hands, so I decide to make sure she has been helped and see if she has any questions.)

Me: *walking over to her* “Hi there. Is there anything I can help you with or find today?”

Customer: *turning, glaring at me as if I had done something to her* “Can’t you see I’m on the phone?! Honestly! This new generation is so disrespectful!”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were on the phone. I just thought you looked like you needed some help, because you were staring at our game wall quite intently.”

Customer: *at the top of her lungs* “How stupid can you be?! I am on the phone; shut up! Honestly, you f****** kids! Such disrespect for adults!”

Me: “Ma’am, please don’t swear; this is a family-friendly store and if you continue yelling and making a scene, I will have to ask you to leave.”

Customer: “But I am a f****** paying customer! It is your f****** job to do what I say, and I am saying to leave me the f*** alone!”

Me: “You may now leave the store by yourself, or I will be calling the mall security to escort you out of the store.”

(The customer let out a loud screeching noise before throwing one of the games at me — the largest expansion of a popular railroad game — before bolting out of the store. Luckily, my assistant manager saw the entire thing and the customer ended up being arrested for trespassing and assault. Apparently, this wasn’t the first time she’d done something like this in the mall and she had been banned for life!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!