Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At Least They Didn’t Expect It To Be Wireless

, , , | Right | November 7, 2017

(I work at customer service in an office supplies store. I’ve been working there a couple of years and have become well-rehearsed in troubleshooting “broken” purchases.)

Me: “Good afternoon, sir. What can I help you with today?”

Customer: “I bought this shredder last week, and it didn’t work when I went to use it for the first time.”

Me: “I’m very sorry about that. Would you mind if I had a look at it, along with your receipt? I will see what I can do for you.”

(The customer hands over the shredder. I plug it in, and presto, it works fine.)

Customer: “How did you do that? It didn’t do anything when I tried it!”

Me: “I just plugged it in and switched it on. Mayb—”

Customer: *cutting me off* “Wait, plugged in? Where?”

Me: “The power socket in the wall just down here.”

Customer: “So, it has to be plugged into a power socket?”

Me: “Yes, sir.”

Customer: “Oh. And it won’t work without it?”

Me: “No, sir. Unfortunately, it won’t.”

Customer: “Oh.”

(The customer left with his fully-functioning shredder, looking rather embarrassed and still a little confused that his shredder wouldn’t run without power.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!