Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Learn To Let Go Of The Things You’ve Let Go

, , , , , | Working | August 10, 2022

It was an ordinary Tuesday morning when my entire department was let go due to budget cuts. We were told all of our company possessions (phone, computer, and all documentation) needed to be cleared and handed to Human Resources by the end of the day. Instead of working that day, we all wiped our electronics and left within the first hour.

A week after I was let go, an unknown number called my personal cell phone.

Me: “Hello?”

Manager: “Hi, [My Name]. How are you? I’m trying to do [spreadsheet task], but I can’t find it on our group site.”

Me: “Sorry, [Manager], I no longer work for [Company].”

Manager: “Yeah, I know, but I need this spreadsheet for a meeting this afternoon. Where is it?”

Me: “I can’t help you. I’m sorry.”

Manager: “Why not?!”

Me: “Because [Company] deemed my job an expense they were willing to cut out of the budget. So you’ll have to figure it out yourself.”

Manager: “You know what, [My Name]? When the budget opens up again, I will be sure not to include you in the rehiring process.”

Me: “Thank you. I wouldn’t want to work for a company that would treat me the way you have.”

I hung up on him and blocked all the numbers I had associated with the office.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!