Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Laundry Is Hung And Quartered

| Working | August 4, 2015

(I live in southern Michigan, which is not very far from Canada. I have opened a coin roll at the bank, as lately I have not been getting entirely American coinage.)

Me: “Excuse me; three of these quarters are Canadian. I’d like you to switch them for American quarters, please.”

Teller: “I don’t see why; they’re just the same.”

Me: “Oh, well then. I’ve got a Canadian ten dollar bill, too. Can I get another roll of American quarters with it? If they’re just the same.”

Teller: “No! Canadian currency isn’t worth as much as ours!”

Me: “Exactly! Now that we’ve established that, please exchange these Canadian quarters you gave me for the American ones I paid for, as I asked you to do.”

Teller: “I don’t see why it’s such a big deal. It’s hardly any difference.”

Me: “In the first place, that’s not your call to make. In the second, vending machines won’t take Canadian coins. I can’t do my laundry on Canadian quarters.”

Teller: *with gigantic put-upon sigh* “Oh, all right!”

Me: “Yes, I know; how outrageous that I expect a bank to deliver legal tender of the country it’s actually in.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!