Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Laptop Flop, Part 4

| Right | August 11, 2013

Me: “Hello, thank you for calling [store]! How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, my laptop that I bought from you guys a while ago got stolen. I need to get a copy of my receipt for insurance purposes.”

Me: “Okay, no problem! What I need is the cred—”

Customer: “What I’m going to give you is my name and phone number, and you see what you can find with that.”

Me: “Ma’am, when we do receipt lookups, it’s processed at the register. I need you to bring in the card you paid with, and the UPC or item number of the laptop, if you happened to save those off the box.”

Customer: “I don’t have any of that.”

Me: “Well, do you have one of our rewards cards?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Err… could you tell me what kind of laptop it was?”

Customer: “I ALREADY SAID THAT!”

Me: “If you did, I didn’t hear it ma’am. What was it?”

Customer: “I already said it. But it was… tah-shibbia? Or… Toshi-bai-bah or something.”

Me: “Toshiba.”

(I wait for the customer to supply more information about the laptop, but she’s silent.)

Me: “…and the model number?”

Customer: “I DON’T HAVE THAT!”

Me: “Well, ma’am, I really need at least that information so I could look up an item number. How about the month you purchased the laptop; do you have that?”

Customer: “What month is this? Well, it isn’t April yet. So this month must be March. I bought it in November. Maybe it was around my birthday. Like if I bought myself a birthday present! Yeah, that must’ve been it.”

(I wait for the customer to tell me when her birthday is.)

Customer: “Anyway, you see what you can find with that, and call me back.”

Me: “Ma’am, as I said before, I need to know what kind of lapt—”

Customer: “No, look it up with my name. And if you can’t find it, you call me back and tell me exactly what you need, and I’ll get it for you.”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!