Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Laptop Flop, Part 29

, , | Right | March 2, 2020

(I am working at a franchise electronics store, a few days after a big sale. Most things that are at a low price are already sold out. An earlier customer comes in looking for a laptop and, no surprise, it is sold out everywhere in the city. Later on, another customer comes asking about the same laptop.)

Customer: “Do you have [laptop]?”

Me: “Sorry, we are all sold out of them.”

Customer: “How do you know? You didn’t even check.”

Me: “I just recently checked for another customer and couldn’t see any in the system here or at any of our other stores.”

Customer: “Can you check again?”

Me: *reluctantly* “Okay, I’ll check again.” *does so* “System says we are out of stock.”

Customer: “Can you check the back?”

Me: “All right, but I don’t expect to find anything.”

(I head to the front since that’s where the laptops are kept and, of course, it is not there. I head back to the customer.)

Me: “None up there.”

Customer: “I told you to check the back!”

Me: “The laptops are kept in the front storage area.”

Customer: “I want to talk to the manager!”

(My manager has been in earshot and comes over. She yells to the manager about how unhelpful I was and how I didn’t want to check the “back.” She demands he does something about my behavior.)

Manager: “Don’t worry; he will be disciplined.”

(The customer walks away, all smug.)

Manager: *to me* “Don’t worry about it.”

Related:
Laptop Flop, Part 28
Laptop Flop, Part 27
Laptop Flop, Part 26

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!