Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lactation Panic Station

, , , , , | Working | February 20, 2020

(I’ve recently been hired by this coffee chain. I’m in my second week of training and have been a little stressed out today during an afternoon rush.)

Coworker: “We need to make a latte to drink in!”

(I grab a used milk jug and press it onto the rinser to wash it. Unfortunately, I rush a little and don’t cover the nozzle with the jug. I feel water spray over my hand and look around to see where else it landed. I notice that a male customer is stood nearby with splashes of milky water over his suit shirt, looking around in a daze. My jaw hangs open as he looks at me, realising what I’ve done.)

Me: *flustered* “Oh, my God, sir, I am so sorry! I should have been more careful!”

Customer: *laughs* “It’s okay. Stop hiding behind your milk jug! These things happen; I was just worried I’d lactated for a moment there!”

(I couldn’t stop cringing at how clumsy I’d been, but he made me laugh with the absurdity. I made sure to put extra effort into trying to pour a beautiful heart with the foam as thanks, as that was one of the things I’d been practicing most that day! It definitely took away some of my stress to know there are nice customers out there.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!