Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lack Of Standee Puts You In Bad Standing

, , | Right | January 15, 2019

(I work at a movie theatre and we often get asked if there are any standees for children’s movies for families to take photos with. A woman approaches me and asks if we have anything for a recent movie for her granddaughter to stand in front of.)

Customer: “I don’t see anything in here for my granddaughter to stand in front of to get her picture to say she saw [Popular Kids’ Movie]!”

Me: “Oh! I’m sorry! The studio didn’t send us any marketing materials for the movie.”

(The woman goes from normal customer to fully irate.)

Customer: “I don’t believe you! I think you and your workers took it and now there’s nothing for us to take a photo with!”

(I’m completely thrown off guard by her sudden change in attitude.)

Me: “Again… the studio didn’t send us anything for that particular movie.”

Customer: *still doesn’t believe me* “I don’t believe you! I’ve never been to this theater, but all the other ones have them for all the kids’ movies!”

Me: “Ma’am, [Film Studio] did not send us any marketing material other than posters for [Other Kids’ Movie].”

Customer: “Well, then, I wouldn’t be playing the movie if they didn’t send anything to promote it.”

Me: “…”

Customer: “Well, is there anything we can take a picture in front of!?”

Me: “Yes, in the front of our building—“ *points in that direction* “—we have posters of our current movies. You can take a photo there; many of our patrons do.”

Customer: *storms out with her granddaughter, in the opposite direction from where I pointed*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!